A little something about me

Saturday 22 March 2014

Day 253.

I know it's been a really long time. It will all make sense.
*
First things first. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not blogging in well over 2 weeks. I started this year with the intention of blogging every day and clearly, I have not done so well. However, I have my reasons. The main one being...Chasing Life has a website! I am taking this blog to a new dimension and am currently having the final tweaks put on the site so we can have a happy and smooth transition from here to there. I am beyond excited. I have a very good friend who is doing this all for me for the grand sum of nothing and so, I can't ask him to prioritize my work for those of paying clients. Yet, we are nearly done. The end is in sight and I'm pleased to say you will not have to wait much longer.

Lots of things have been happening since I last wrote to you all.

I got a job. I started training for a job and am now waiting for my 3 day induction period to start. Having to wait for a CRB check is the most tedious thing, especially when you've moved as much as I have! It takes a lot longer. Sadly though, there wasn't much I could do about that! So, that's one of the main things that has been focusing my attentions. 

Uni' has been...interesting. I am now Level 3 qualified in Massage, Aromatherapy and Reflexology and good God it feels amazing. After starting a course I wasn't sure I wanted to be on, I have now got over all the initial hurdles and worries I first had and have achieved something. We are rapidly approaching the end of our first year and it has gone so fast. On May 22nd. We will have completed all our initial training and will be soon to complete our new chapter as second years. With the added bonus of receiving treatments off the new first years! Yay times.

Sadly though, I am in quite a pickle financially. Due to my loan not coming through until April 21st and not having a job, I have been left without money which, as you can imagine, has left me in some doodoo of sorts. It's a daily battle to be honest but I have just under a month to go and I have definitely been poorer than this, so really I should remain positive. Not long now.

This all feels really random.

I am still living with my friend although the prospect of moving out is distracting me somewhat. I am desperately craving my own place although I'm not entirely sure how my consultant would feel about that. Due to my epilepsy, does it mean I can't live alone anymore? I have to have someone with me most of the time (just in case) but surely I'd be okay? I've lasted this long...

I've also been having a long, hard think about my epilepsy and all comments are welcome once I've written this. I have decided that medication may not be for me. I have looked at side effects of some drugs and long term effects and to be honest, I don't want any of that. Surely, if I can avoid my triggers or, at least, reduce the risk of encountering them, I could cope with this. The same as I have coped for this long. It does make my life challenging, what with the appalling memory, the exhaustion and the shakes but it's manageable. I don't know. All suggestions welcome and appreciated whether you suffer with it or not.

Anyway guys, I'm sure it's a surprise to some of you that I am not out on a Friday night and, instead, decided to spend my evening crying at Sport Relief but, alas, that is what has happened. Well, apart from my hyperventilating earlier after being in the dark briefly. I really must sort this phobia out and find out the root cause of it.

This may be the last post you will read on here before my site goes live but can I just say, thank you. Thank you to everyone who has read my posts, contacted me and followed my journey over the last few months. This blog has become something of a life saver for me and I am so grateful to all of you that have joined me. Your continued support would mean the world to me and I will update you all of the site URL once we are live!

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

Hannah xox

No comments:

Post a Comment